The pastors (elders/overseers)1 of Paramount church are men entrusted with protecting, leading, equipping, and caring for the corporate church body and her individual members. As men who are called to shepherd the flock of
God among them, we have covenanted together to lead Paramount Church to consistently embrace four core values; Gospel, Change, Community, and Mission.
We cheerful accept our responsibility for:
• leading the church, by instruction and example, to make the Gospel paramount for the pleasure of God and the good of our neighbors.
• maintaining a Gospel-centrality within the teachings, ministries, and efforts of the church.
• equipping the covenant members, future pastors, biblical counselors, and church leaders for the work of ministry (Eph. 4:11-16; 2 Tim. 2:2).
• teaching and counseling from the whole of Scripture and in accord with the Paramount Church Statement of Faith (Acts 20:27-28; 1 Tim. 4:16; 2 Tim. 4:1-5; Titus 2:1).
• guarding against false teachers and their teachings (Matt. 7:15; Jn. 10:12-13; Acts 20:28-31; 1 Tim. 1:3-7; 1 Jn. 4:1).
• caring for the proper distinction between the Law and the Gospel.
• providing Biblical Counseling that is centered on the authority and sufficiency of Scripture for all of life and godliness (Rom.15:14; Gal. 6:1-2; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; 4:1-2; James 5:16).
• peacemaking, reconciliation, and cultivating a culture of change that is effected by the Good News of God’s grace toward us in Christ (John 13:34-35; Eph. 4:29-32; Col. 3:12-14).
• overseeing the process of restorative church discipline with an intention focus on God’s glory, the good of the disciplined member, and the health of the church as a whole (Matt. 18:15-20; 1 Cor. 5; Gal. 6:1; Jam.
• teaching, correction, reproof, and training in righteousness for the progressive sanctification of the entire flock.
• prayerfully seeking God’s will for our church community and providing wise and biblical stewardship of her resources (Acts 20:28; 1 Pet. 5:1-4).
• overseeing the mutual ministry of community groups at Paramount Church.
• strengthening marriage to reflect the beauty and permanence of Christ’s loving relationship with His bride, the Church (Eph. 5:22-33; Rev. 19:7)
• protecting the children of the church by assisting parents in the responsibilities delegated to them by God and ensuring that Paramount Church is wisely caring for the entire well-being of every child (Prov. 27:12).
• selecting, equipping, appointing Elders and Deacons according to the criteria prescribed in Scripture (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9, 1 Pet. 5:1-4; Acts 14:19-23; 20:17-35; Phil. 1:1, I Tim. 5:17).
• overseeing the growth of members as disciples with the understanding that we will one day give an account for their growth in grace, truth, and love (Matt. 28:16-20; Eph. 4:15-16; Jam. 5:14; Heb. 13:17; 1 Pet. 5:1-4).
• setting an example as church members, ourselves, in observing the rights and responsibilities of meaningful church membership (Acts 20:28; Phil. 3:17; 1 Tim. 4:12; Titus 2:7-8; 1 Pet. 5:3). casting an intentional vision for the advancement of the Gospel through global missions and church planting.