Sunday, January 15th, 2017
– In Adult Bible Fellowship (ABF), we continue our new study together, exploring Scripture’s teaching on the conscience. This Sunday we are in chapter 3 of Conscience: What It Is, How to Train It, and Loving Those Who Differ.
Life often passes by, day after day, as our consciences constantly work to guide, restrain, and or motivate us in all we do. Yet, little thought is given to exactly how this gift called conscience works and can be strengthened. This study will help us immensely. Sundays at 9:30 am.
– This Sunday, Pastor Rush will preach from Romans 1:8-17, as we consider three priorities in the life of Paul. This year will be the year of Romans. We will work verse by verse through this most important book in the Bible. Paul’s letter to the Romans gives us inspiring and foundational truth for all of our lives. Sundays at 10:45 am.
– The Ladies Bible Study concludes with a dinner at the home of Holly Barton at 5:00 pm. If you have been absent over recent weeks, or haven’t attended at all, don’t let that stop you from enjoying fellowship and dinner with other Paramount ladies of all ages. And this is a good opportunity to invite others who will make good friends. Sundays at 4:00 pm.
– Last year, a number of us spent some productive weekends growing in our knowledge and skill for discipleship and counseling. This training continues this year, as we offer opportunities to read, observe, and learn about discipleship and counseling. And for those who would like to pursue ACBC certification, we have a plan for that. If you’re interested in continuing in the church’s intensive training, please inform a pastor soon.
– Following the holidays, Community Groups have resumed their normal activity. If you (or someone you know) have not plugged into a group, please do so right away. This small group ministry of the church is essential to who we are as Christians. We simply cannot enjoy the benefits of small group life by attending worship and ABF alone. We need to be together in smaller, more intimate groups. These groups provide a unique opportunity to share life, pray, encourage, and care for one another. See the church website for more information about community group times and locations.
– Each Friday, a team of Paramount members gather to pray for the church, our local communities, and the nations. Currently, they meet at 7:30 am at Bruegger’s Bagels (2510 E Main St Bexley, OH 43209). Join them for weekly encouragement in Christ and a time of expectant prayer. See Calendar
See you Sunday!