Having been brought by divine grace to receive Jesus Christ as the Lord, Savior, and supreme treasure of our lives, and having been baptized upon our profession of faith, as members of Paramount Church we affirm this covenant with one another, for our collective growth and for the glory of our Triune God:
Gospel – Nothing is as precious or powerful. The gospel is the power of God to convert a sinner in a moment and mature a believer over his lifetime (Rom. 1:16).
• We confess Jesus is Lord, and commit to wholeheartedly follow him as his disciples, having previously received believer’s baptism (Luke 9:23-24; Rom. 10:9).
• We commit to grow in our knowledge of the gospel through a devotional pursuit of God as the supreme treasure of our lives, and to submit to the teaching of Scripture as expressed in the Statement of Faith (Mt. 13:44; 2 Pet. 3:18).
• We commit to living out the implications of the gospel by pursuing holiness and walking in a manner worthy of and glorifying to God (1 Cor. 10:31; Eph. 4:1; 1 Pet. 1:15-16).
Change – As broken people in a broken world, we all need change. In the gospel, we find sufficient grace for every need (2 Cor. 12:9). We have hope because God is at work to bring lasting biblical change to our lives.
• We are motivated and committed to change through an insightful study of the Scriptures, personal ministry to one another, and the caring culture within our church.
• We confess that Scripture is sufficient for life and godliness and we will carry out ministry to this end (2 Pet. 1:3).
• We submit our lives to the teaching, counsel, and mutual ministry in accordance with the Paramount Church Statement of Faith.
Community – Through preaching, small groups, and one-on-one discipleship, we want every member to grow in wise and godly counsel, living the Christian life together.
• We commit ourselves as members of Paramount Church and will work to see the church established and flourish (Mt. 16:18).
• We commit to gather regularly and serve consistently as members of Paramount Church (Heb. 10:24-25).
• We commit to fulfill the one another commands of Scripture, especially by becoming active members of a Community Group (e.g. to love, serve, forgive, teach, admonish, encourage, pray for one another (John 13:34; Gal. 5:13; Eph. 4:32; Col. 3:16; 1 Thess. 5:11).
• We have read and affirm the Paramount Church Constitution and Bylaws.
Mission – It is our mission to please Christ by proclaiming this paramount gospel to those near and far (Col. 1:10). Through personal evangelism, global missions, and a strong church planting initiative, we yearn to see the nations worship as many hear the Holy Spirit’s call, respond with faith and repentance, and are made complete in Christ (Matt. 28:19-20).
• We affirm the missional direction and vision of the church and commit to using our time, gifts, and resources to further its mission (1 Thess. 1:1-10).
• We commit to living like missionaries by praying for those who need Christ, as well as striving to make disciples by consistently displaying and declaring the gospel to our neighbors, family, friends, and co-workers (Mt. 28:18-20).
• We commit to pray for Bexley, surrounding communities, and the nations and to seek its good by engaging in deeds of mercy and kindness (Jer. 29:7; 1 John 3:18).